Five Reasons to Adopt with Family Care-your Regional Voluntary Adoption Agency!
11th Dec, 2023
As a prospective adoptive parent, choosing the right agency for you can be overwhelming. At Family Care, one of the most common questions we are asked is, why should I choose a voluntary adoption agency? In this blog post, we delve into the five main reasons you should choose a voluntary adoption agency (and more importantly choose Family Care!)
- Specialised Services and Support: Voluntary Adoption Agencies often have expertise in providing comprehensive services and support for adoptive families. At Family Care, our focus is entirely on adoption as we specialise in recruiting, placing, and supporting adoptive families.
- Personalised Attention: Voluntary agency workers often have smaller caseloads, allowing for more personalised attention to each family throughout the adoption process. At Family Care, we are a tight-knit team which results in a more tailored, and personal approach to matching children with families based on individual circumstances. Our additional support and attention can also contribute to a smoother and more positive adoption experience.
- Streamlined Adoption Process: Voluntary agencies have a very streamlined adoption process. The efficiency and flexibility of voluntary agencies can expedite the adoption journey, reducing the time prospective parents spend waiting for a match and completing the necessary steps toward adoption. As a smaller agency, it is quite likely that the Social Worker answering your initial enquiry will be the same Social Worker helping you through assessment and placement, making your whole adoption journey more streamlined and seamless.
- No Waiting Lists: At Family Care, we do not have any waiting lists. This means you can begin your adoption journey after your very first phone call. Even if you are currently on a waiting list elsewhere and want to explore other options, don’t hesitate to reach out!
- Community Connection and Networking: Voluntary agencies often foster a sense of community among families. At Family Care, we provide opportunities for networking and events where families can connect with others who share similar experiences. Building a community is valuable for emotional support, shared learning, and the exchange of friendly advice among parents and children alike.
Support & Advice
If you would like any information regarding any of the post adoptive services and support we can provide, please get in touch via phone or email.