Post Adoption Support
Almost all children placed for adoption in Northern Ireland have had to be parted from both their birth family and later from foster carers, in order to be matched with you and into their new family.
While parenting any child will bring a range of joys and challenges, these difficult early experiences can make parenting these adopted children additionally challenging.
You might find that talking to a Social Worker with experience and knowledge of adoption issues, or participating in some Post Placement training or information sessions could help.
- You may want help in talking to your child about adoption.
- You may want help in talking to your child about their birth family.
- You may want additional information about your child's background.
- You may be concerned about your child's behaviour or education.
- You may be concerned about contact.
- You may want additional professional support.
- You may need reassurance or advice.
Children and Young People
- You might wonder why you were adopted.
- You might have questions or concerns about your birth family.
- You might have questions or concerns about contact.
- You might want to talk to someone who is not in your family.
Post Adoption Support Information
If you would like to talk to us about the Post Adoption support and advice which we can provide, please get in touch with us by phone or email at email@example.com
Support & Advice
If you would like any information regarding any of the post adoptive services and support we can provide, please get in touch via phone or email.